[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter doesn't read ipf.conf

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Wed Feb 29 16:48:37 UTC 2012

Hi Anil,

Anil Jangity píše v St 29. 02. 2012 v 07:25 -0800:
> svc:/network/ipfilter:default> listprop firewall_config_default
> firewall_config_default                      com.sun,fw_configuration
> firewall_config_default/apply_to             astring
> firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file   astring
> firewall_config_default/exceptions           astring
> firewall_config_default/open_ports           astring
> firewall_config_default/policy               astring  none
> firewall_config_default/value_authorization  astring  solaris.smf.value.firewall.config
> firewall_config_default/version              count    1
> svc:/network/ipfilter:default>
>
> Looks like I need to set custom_policy_file to /etc/ipf/ipf.conf.
> What I was asking is why this isn't set by default? /etc/ip/ipf.conf has always been the standard config file for ipfilter.

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+on/2009022302

firewall_config_default/policy                astring  custom
firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file    astring /etc/ipf/ipf.conf

It could be that it was always but we moved further. Currently it is
more BFU friendly maybe...

Best regards,

Milan