[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any HP Servers recommendation for Openindiana (Capacity Server) ?

Jerome lists-xalfx at gmx.de
Thu Jan 5 14:32:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

the MSA30/60/70 and D2000 series enclosures are jbods, you will see
every drive as per disk.

if you want an HP branded HBA (not raid ctrl) try this one:

HP SC08e part number 614988-B21
(6GB SAS)

we have an DL360G5 with 8 MSA60 (two stacks of each 4 enclosures) and an
SC08e running solaris 10 with TSM on top.

runs fine..

afaik, you cant use the disk led's from solaris.

Jerome