[OpenIndiana-discuss] Oracle Solaris on x86 going to be killed?

Andrew McRae anm at pobox.com
Sat Jan 7 09:42:27 UTC 2012

If you read the whole statement, and its context, rather than just pulling out a few words like this, then it's clear that what he means is "if SPARC was cancelled, then Oracle would not control the CPU that their OS (Solaris) runs on, and that would be bad for Solaris". He's not suggesting that anything is going to be killed -- quite the opposite.