[OpenIndiana-discuss] New to the list + SPARC & OpenSolaris

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jan 11 18:57:50 UTC 2012

On 01/11/12 10:50 AM, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
> My question was if I could still use my version of Solaris 9 for "home hobby
> use"or if the new Oracle rules prevented me from it.

Oracle no longer distributes Solaris 9, so to use it, you must already have a
copy, and are covered by whatever license you got it under.   If your home
hobby use includes wanting bug fixes and security patches, then you're out of
luck - the only way to get those for any Solaris version now is to pay Oracle.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com