[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI friendly external drive

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:00:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Ron Parker <rdparker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a USB drive that behaves properly with OpenIndiana.

Using a toshiba canvio 1tb. It is a 2.5" usb3 external drive that
works fine on regular usb 2. Been using it for months. I've
transferred a few time 900GB worth of data due to the corner I had
painted myself in (solaris 11 express has a zfs rev number > than the
OI 151a).

I currently use it to randomly shuffle music and backup the laptop.
I've never had it burp or error. This is on a Sony vaio Z series
laptop running OI 151a. Same cannot be said from random 3.5 sata
drives in no names powered usb enclosures.

Francois