[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI friendly external drive

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Jan 20 19:34:09 UTC 2012

Thanks, I will give it a shot next time.

On 01/20/12 01:36 PM, Marion Hakanson wrote:
> dkjar at elmira.edu said:
>> I have had usb ports hang till reboot as well.  If I plug a drive into  one
>> and try to unmount it I can't and when I try to attach something  else to
>> that port it is no longer recognized.  I just work through all  of the usb
>> ports on my ultra20 and then reboot when I run out.
> I have a scanner that hangs its USB port regularly, but a reboot is not
> required to clear it up.  I use "cfgadm -c disconnect" on the port, followed
> by "cfgadm -c configure" on it to bring it up again.  I wonder if this would
> help with your situation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marion

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson