[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS performance issues

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Jan 24 16:13:38 UTC 2012

Robin Axelsson wrote:
> I looked into the /var/adm/messages and found the
>
> nwamd[99]: [ID 234669 daemon.error] 3: nwamd_door_switch: need
> solaris.network.autoconf.read for request type 1
>
> errors during the time. I'll look more carefully next time and see if
> the time-stamps of these entries match the time at which I experience
> those freeze-ups. I suspect that they do.

That message itself should be innocuous.  It means that someone tried to
use the NWAM administrative interface to read status, but whoever
attempted to do that lacked the right authorization to do so.  I don't
think anything about that message should relate to a "freeze-up."

It could be a symptom, though, of other issues.  If this system is
intended for use as a server, it's possible that you might not want to
be using NWAM at all.