[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS performance issues

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Tue Jan 24 17:33:03 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-24 16:52, Gary Mills wrote:
> Do you really have two ethernet ports on the same network?  You can't
> do that without some sort of link aggregation on both ends of the
> connection.
I don't see why not. I've done this before and it used to work just
fine. These are two different controllers that work independently and I
do it so that the VM(s) could have its own NIC to work with as I believe
the virtual network bridge interferes with other network activity.

If we assume that both ports give rise to problems because they run
without teaming/link aggregation (which I think not) then there wouldn't
be any issues if I only used one network port. I have tried with only
one port and the issues are considerably worse in that configuration.