[OpenIndiana-discuss] Libreoffice

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 13:40:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

See: http://pkgsrc-wip.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgsrc-wip/wip/libreoffice/Makefile?hideattic=1&revision=1.17&view=markup

I have an experimental LibreOffice spec in SFE. I was pulling from LibreOffice Git initially, but you can use the smaller release tarballs.

A few of us talked of porting LibreOffice 3.3.4 about a few months ago and I worked on alternatively resolving this through maintaining our port build of Wine 1.3.x (i.e. my clients use Microsoft Office 2010 and LibreOffice 3.3.4/3.4.5).

A recent Wine 1.3.36 build is in the OI sfe-encumbered IPS repo.

FOSDEM 2012 may provide additional resources to assist and discuss in the native LibreOffice port for OpenIndiana/Solaris 11.

A few other people working/assisting on the LibreOffice for OpenIndiana/Solaris native port were:  Francois Tigeot, Dr. Karl Behler, and Michael Meeks (Novell).

Hope that helped,
Ken Mays