[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which DELL controler voor Openindiana

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:43:00 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 08:32 PM, Rich wrote:
> Is there a reason that just adding the PCI ID to mr_sas won't do anything sane?
>
> [I don't disagree re: IT FW + ZFS RAID versus hardware raid, just wondering.]

That *might* be all that's needed, but I'm not sure if it's really all
that simple. Judging from Robert Mustacchi's comments on the linked
thread, I suspect it's going to be a bit more involved than that:

"There is no card that currently works with it. Ideally, support would
be added to mr_sas for it (as Oracle did), but realistically, if someone
wants to support it they should port the FreeBSD mfi driver for it."

If you're willing to test it, I can try and compile a new mr_sas driver
which has the card in the support list (need to find it first, though...).

Cheers,
--
Saso