[OpenIndiana-discuss] Good Solaris-friendly system vendor

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Jul 2 21:05:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
> That's why I try and avoid servers like those from SuperMicro - since
> the box is designed to be generic, you get plenty of loose ends, overly
> long cables, missing wire guides, etc. Essentially, it's a

The number of system vendors who are capable of satisfying your
support requirement can be counted on the fingers of one hand.  It
seems that you will need to either convince one of those system
vendors to support Illumos, or fund someone to add support in Illumos
for a currently unsupported device.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn