[OpenIndiana-discuss] Broken pkg in ipkg zones since update to oi_151a5

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:26:01 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 01:22 PM, Open Indiana wrote:
> Say that the auto-update/upgrade function kills us here. 3 days ago I
> installed a zone without problems. Today it is broken. I'm glad it didn't
> happen on a production server.

Actually, this is much worse than you think - it does affect production
servers, all of them. The reason is that (unless you make special
arrangements), new zones are always installed from the repos (e.g.
openindiana.org) which means, they pull in the broken versions of the
tools. So it doesn't matter that you didn't do anything to your server
in the meantime - it's the repos that are broken, not your machine. I
tested this on two independent oi_151a4 machines and it behaves
absolutely identically.

Cheers,
--
Saso