[OpenIndiana-discuss] quick boots are a pain in my arse

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Fri Jul 6 00:34:25 UTC 2012

So, my systems wont quick boot at all. Any quick boot results in the
following message:

NOTICE: unsupported 32-bit IO address on pci-pci bridge [7/0/0]
NOTICE: unsupported 32-bit IO address on pci-pci bridge [7/0/0]

Then system then hangs. Initial boots are always fine, as are full reboots.

I have been able to work around this problem by disabling quick boots in the
repo. However, I have noticed that whenever the system goes through a
"transient reboot" it seems to attempt a quick boot. This consequently keeps
the system from booting. This is a "bad thing"

I am seeking help in two regards. First, I would prefer to resolve the error
and in lieu of an actual fix, I would like to learn how I can alter the
transient boot environment to do a full reboot.

The hardware configuration for these systems are as follows
Intel S5520UR motherboard (SR2525URLXR)
1 LSI 9205-8e
1 LSI 9211-8i
96 GB of RAM
1 DDRdrive X1
2 L5630 CPUs
2 Newisys NDS-2241 disk shelves shared across two systems
4 Crucial M4 SSDs as boot disks and L2ARC

I am standardized on 151a1, but I can upgrade some test units if we think
there is a solution in the newer revisions.

Thanks,
j.