[OpenIndiana-discuss] Seagate ST3000DM001

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 20:01:43 UTC 2012

Anyone have any experience w/ these w/ Solaris 10 & ZFS?  The system this is for is an HP Z400 on the last Sun release of Solaris 10. This is a single large non-booting pool used for temporary files.  Single drive, no RAID.

The blurb touts "Seagate SmartAlign technology for no-hassle transition to Advanced Format 4K sector technology"

Some of the posts here about 4k sectors make me a little nervous that it might prove more work than I'd like.  Current drive is a Hitachi which is failing and has been powered down.

Thanks,
Reg