[OpenIndiana-discuss] MPT SGL mem alloc failed

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Fri Jul 13 03:04:53 UTC 2012

> The DMA alloc failure appears to be caused by improperly constrained
> kernel memory usage. Probably unrelated to the driver in question, but
> could be related to recent ZFS changes. Perhaps ::memstat prior to the
> import and scrub of the pool in question may show something
> significant.

Prior to?  The pool is imported on boot, so I would hope the kernel
wasn't using much at that point.  I am not sure if I did a ::memstat
during the scrub, though my first message has one after I started
getting errors (possibly after cancelling the scrub, but I don't
recall).  I will record a wide selection of ::memstat next time I boot
into oi_151a5 (just after boot, beginning of scrub, sign of first
allocation errors, etc).

Tim