[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter frustrations again

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:37:00 UTC 2012

How do you 'correctly' modify the ipfilter settings with this new
'ignore /etc/ipf/ipf.conf' set up in OI?  I tried
following the directions on

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+on/2009022302

but nothing changes.  This is on a fresh 151a5 install.  How is a person supposed to do this without using a customized ipf.conf file?  Is there a gui?

I can't get the damn thing to look at etc/ipf/ipf.conf and I modified the new default custom location /somewhere/incomprehensible/ipf.conf and that does nothing either.

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson