[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter frustrations again

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Jul 18 13:34:10 UTC 2012

Yes, and that does it but then I have to go in and remove all the quick
statements that it automagically generates.

What I don't understand is when I check the settings, everything looks
right..

|# svccfg -s ipfilter:default listprop firewall_config_default/policy
firewall_config_default/policy  astring  custom

||# svccfg -s ipfilter:default listprop firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file
firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file  astring  /etc/ipf/ipf.conf|

but....

I get this

[root at bio2:~]>ipfstat -i
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 45139 flags S/FSRPAU
keep state
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = lockd flags S/FSRPAU
keep state
pass in log quick proto udp from any to any port = lockd
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 59045 flags S/F

If I force it I get that plus my ipf.conf file and if I reboot I lose
the changes to the properties of the ipfilter svc crap.  As I said this
is on a brand spanking new and clean unaltered 151a5 installation.  This
is a x2200m2 not that it matters.

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson