[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb permissions + napp-it

Nickeforos nickeforos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 07:27:22 UTC 2012

I can access now smb shares via my android device but only with "guestok".

I m trying to fix the the permissions and napp-it is producing errors
like these:

*1. Trying to create smb password for the user nick:*

smbpasswd -a nick

sudo: smbpasswd: command not found

*2. Mapping:*

idmap add winname:nick unixuser:nick

Error commiting transaction (Duplicate rule or conflicts with an
existing Unix to Windows name-based rule)
add     winname:nick   unixuser:nick

*3. Adding smb member although "joe" not in group: *

oops...
smbadm add-member -m joe administrators
failed to add joe (member already in group)

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Nickeforos