[OpenIndiana-discuss] in desperate need of fsck.zfs

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Jul 23 14:19:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> I suspect the issue is that since this is a USB enclosure that at some
> point the bus was saturated and wouldn't respond, or something like that.
> Any help in getting these volumes mounted would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Yes, I know, I'm running on crappy drives over USB, I was trying to
> migrate off of them when this happened. :(

If the devices are truely going away under load, there is not much zfs
can do about that since it would be a hardware or device driver issue.
Is there anything sent to /var/adm/messages when the device supposedly
goes away?  Any interesting events in the output of 'fmdump -e'?

Are you able to upgrade to current OpenIndiana (oi_151a5)?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn