[OpenIndiana-discuss] iscsi -sharing and permissions

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Jul 25 09:59:41 UTC 2012

I tried 2 things:

1. create an iSCSI target with napp-it on Openindiana
2. create an iSCSI target on Solaris 10

Both things I tried resulted in a working iSCSI drive, hip hay...

Then I mount these drives from a Windows 7 laptop, the drive is identified
and I am asked to format it.
That works too, hip hay....

Then I took another PC or server running Windows 2003 of Windows 7 and
connected this with the same iSCSI drive.
I am asked to format the drive AGAIN??
That works too, hip hay....

Then I save a file (file1) from my laptop to the drive.
That works too, hip hay....
I disconnect and reconnect, the file (file1) is there
That works too, hip hay....

I login on the other PC and check the iSCSI drive.
No sign of the file (file1) I saved..
???

I save a file from the other server/PC (file2) on the iSCSI drive.
That works too, hip hay....
I disconnect and reconnect, the file (file2) is there
That works too, hip hay....

I check the files from my  laptop, I only see file1, no sign of file file2
???

I didn't set any PAP, CHAP or other security settings.

What am I doing wrong?