[OpenIndiana-discuss] chicken and egg file sharing problem

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:11:44 UTC 2012

Hey list,

I'm attempting to use a centos 6 iso mounted on loopback on my
openindiana box so that I can install centos on another machine via
nfs. Problem is that if I mount the disk on the oi box via lofiadm
then I can't share it via NFS because the directory I'm attempting to
share has files in it -

[root at openindiana:~] #lofiadm -a /tank/iso/CentOS-6.2-i386-bin-DVD1.iso
/dev/lofi/1

[root at openindiana:~] #mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /tank/iso/centos

[root at openindiana:~] #df -h /tank/iso/centos
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/lofi/1            3.6G   3.6G     0K   100%    /tank/iso/centos

[root at openindiana:~] # zfs set sharenfs=rw=@192.168.1.0/24,anon=0
tank/iso/centos
cannot mount '/tank/iso/centos': directory is not empty
property may be set but unable to remount filesystem

Basically I'm just looking for a way to accomplish the goal of sharing
this disk so that I can install it on another machine. Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tim
--