[OpenIndiana-discuss] What happens when a ZIL drive dies?

Matt Clark matt at mattclark.net
Wed Jun 6 11:22:28 UTC 2012

It's true you need a decent SSD, but they don't have to be expensive.  The Intel 320 series has power loss protection and good performance.  The 80GB (10,000 write IOPS,  10TB endurance) model is available for £100 un the UK.  Every ZFS server should have one!

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-320-enterprise-server-storage-application-specification-addendum.html