[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse lost by power management

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Sun Jun 10 21:49:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

oi-151a4 (=prestable3, and probably a3 also) disconnect the USB /
mouse when power management is on (and screensaver goes to standby
or suspend). This shouldn't happen, as the mouse can only be
reactivated by replugging (and only if the hotplug daemon runs).

I can circumvent this problem by declaring a always-on in
/etc/power.conf, but this should be the default for a USB mouse
(and keyboard) devices:

device-thresholds /pci at 0,0/pci1043,82d4 at 1d/mouse at 1 always-on
device-dependency-property removable-media /dev/fb
autopm                  enable
autoS3                  default
cpu-threshold           1s
S3-support              default
# Auto-Shutdown         Idle(min)       Start/Finish(hh:mm)     Behavior
autoshutdown            30              9:00 9:00               noshutdown
cpupm  enable event-mode
cpu_deep_idle enable

The only message I see in /var/adm/messages and /var/log/Xorg.0.log:

Jun 10 12:57:58 opensolaris genunix: [ID 408114 kern.info]
/pci at 0,0/pci1043,82d4 at 1d/mouse at 1 (hid0) removed

mouse: Device no longer present - removing.
(WW) mouse: cannot pop module 'usbms' off mouse device: No such device
(WW) mouse: cannot pop module 'usbms' off mouse device: No such device
(II) UnloadModule: "mouse"

This quirk is not present on a2 and Osol 2009 134b.