[OpenIndiana-discuss] HDD Upgrade problem

michelle michelle at msknight.com
Tue Jun 12 07:24:09 UTC 2012

Is there a way for the system to me a bit more clever; we have 4k
sectors now but how long before that is upped again; maybe another decade?

After all, if it is a redundant set, what is the reason why it can't
just dump the disk to be replaced and rebuild on the new drive?

I know I'm being a noob here as I don't have the in depth knowledge of
many people on this list ... but from my "user" perspective, it strikes
me that this is the more obvious question.