[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrating root zpool from old disks to new one. only one system available

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Jun 12 13:40:43 UTC 2012

Jim Klimov wrote:
> As for the striped pool size - it seems about right.
> My 3TB disk is 2.72T, so a 4TB set being 3.6T seems okay.
> The raid10 mix also can have mixed ashifts, i.e. using ashift=12
> for the 3TB disks and ashift=9 for 1TB disks, if that's configured.

Don't forget that disk manufacturers (sadly) have only ten fingers and
toes, unlike the rest of us with either 16, 8, or 2.  ;-}

3,000,000,000,000 bytes is 2.72848TB and 4,000,000,000,000 bytes is
3.63798TB.

3000000000000/1024/1024/1024/1024
2.72848410531878471374
4000000000000/1024/1024/1024/1024
3.63797880709171295166

With the numbers you quote above, you're not actually missing any storage.