[OpenIndiana-discuss] Access to ZFS viz CIFS from windows regularly hangs.

John McEntee jmcentee at stirling-dynamics.com
Wed Jun 13 08:39:00 UTC 2012

> The first thing to verify is your network and network interface.  Run
continuous traffic and see if there are any hickups.
> You can use /usr/sbin/ping for testing with larger packets.
>
> Also check the log files under /var/adm and /var/log.  Also check output
of 'fmadm -ev' and 'fmadm faulty'.

Nothing shows in dmesg, or in the logs under /var/adm and /var/log  no
hardware errors are logged by zfs either.

'fmadm -ev' errors on invalid options and 'fmadm faulty' is clear (nothing
to report).

The nfs share to the vmware server seems fine as well, but it may be more
accommodating of problems. Large file transfers initiated from a windows
desktop run at 40 to 50 MB/s (desktop probably the bottle neck).

Thanks

John

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this e-mail, and we request that you send an e-mail to admin at stirling-dynamics.com and delete this e-mail.  Stirling Dynamics Ltd. accepts no legal liability for the contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Registered In England No. 2092114 Registered Office: 26 Regent Street, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 4HG
VAT no. GB 464 6551 29