[OpenIndiana-discuss] The+AShift+Value+and+Advanced+Format+disks+and+ZFS

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Jun 16 15:52:37 UTC 2012

2012-06-16 19:41, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> are the overrides described in that wiki page available in OI151a4??

>> http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/The+AShift+Value+and+Advanced+Format+disks+and+ZFS

Renamed to:
  http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/ZFS+and+Advanced+Format+disks

In the course of discussion, and by further updates from Richard Elling,
I was led to believe that the sd.conf overrides are part of the lowlevel
illumos-gate shared by several distros, including OI.

Having said that, I did not yet get to test this myself, so can't truly
vouch for accuracy - in this case I only copy-pasted the mail discussion
onto the Wiki. I don't know *when* these overrides got into the kernel,
and if other OpenSolaris derivates (like Solaris 11) have them too.

HTH,
//Jim Klimov