[OpenIndiana-discuss] Very simple network speed testing tools in OpenIndiana?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Mon Jun 18 10:44:22 UTC 2012

Are there any network testing tools that would be suitable to put in the
hands of people with little or no real understanding of computers?

I'm hoping for some (Web??)server package with client tools for Windows,
Linux and Mac, or for any web browser.
And I'm hoping for a single-click test to check for speed both ways,
possibly response times, latency and variations in performance.

I don't want to visit all 1400 residents to test their network connections.