[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI151a4: ld.so.1: cadaver: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5: symbol tgetent: referenced symbol not found

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:51:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK)
<udo.grabowski at kit.edu> wrote:
> On 20/06/2012 14:31, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
>>
>> I installed the cadaver WebDav program from SFE, and when running it, I
>> get the
>> below error.
>>

>> cadaver http://www.branneriet.se/
>> Connection to `www.branneriet.se' closed.
>> ld.so.1: cadaver: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5:
>> symbol tgetent: referenced symbol not found
>> Killed
>>

>> Before I spend a lot of effort finding a cure ( I suppose it's a problem
>> in
>> libreadline linking termcap) I thought to ask if there's a known easy fix.
>>
>> An alternative

Huh.  After I implemented https://www.illumos.org/issues/1168
I thought libreadline got fixed so it would always find either the
tgetent from the calling program, or the one in libtermcap.
Right: here is the second issue, for readline:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/1206

Unfortunately it looks like this never got integrated.
What does this command show you:
  elfdump -d /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5

On my system, there's no NEEDED line for libcurses
(and I think I'm up to date).

So consider this a request to integrate 1206.

Thanks,

--
Gordon Ross <gwr at nexenta.com>
Nexenta Systems, Inc.  www.nexenta.com