[OpenIndiana-discuss] Diagnosis help needed

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon Jun 25 18:21:08 UTC 2012

On 06/25/12 08:08 PM, michelle wrote:
> OK - my back is up against the wall.
>
> mich at jaguar:~# zpool status
>    pool: data
>   state: DEGRADED
> status: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors.
>          Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning
> in a
>          degraded state.
> action: Replace the faulted device, or use 'zpool clear' to mark the device
>          repaired.
>    scan: scrub repaired 7.10M in 24h30m with 0 errors on Mon Jun 25
> 18:30:48 2012
> config:
>
>          NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>          data        DEGRADED     0     0     0
>            raidz1-0  DEGRADED     0     0     0
>              c2t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>              c2t3d0  FAULTED      0   102     0  too many errors
>              c2t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: No known data errors
>

> The cables appear fine, so I'm dealing with either a controller issue,
> or a hard drive issue, I don't know how to interpret those earlier
> "messages" messages.
>
> I need help please to make the right call, before I potentially loose
> 4tb of files.

Probably a failing drive - use fmdump -eV for the scsi errors,
the dev links in /dev/rdsk/c2t3d0 gives you the device path to look
for. Use iostat -Exn to get the Smart Errors for that drive,
/var/adm/messages probably has some details, fmadm faulty
messages will convince your support (if you have one) to replace
the drive.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/grabowski/ www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php