[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem/Question on mount lofs:

Armin Maier ma2412 at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 12:44:19 UTC 2012

Hello anybody!
I've got a problem centraly sharing ZFS filesystems.
What i want is to create zfs filesystems for different Usergroups and i
want to share them in a central location.

The idea was to create a "/mountbase" directory and share it with
"sharemgr" (this is working and i can access the share from my Windows 7
machine "\\openindiana\zfs$" )
Mount the zfs Filesystems do directories within the "/mountbase" directory:

mkdir /mountbase/zfsfilesys1
mount -F lofs /zfspool/zfsfilesys1 /mountbase/zfsfilesys1

If i browse to the "/mountbase/zfsfilesys1" directory on the console i
can see all the Contents and everything is fine, but when i open the
share "\\openindiana\zfs$" i do net see any directories. If i unmount
the "/mountbase/zfsfilesys1" Directory it appears on the Windows computer.
Does someone know why this happens? Is there a "smbserver" setting which
has to be set? I do not use samba for sharing, i am using the Solaris
smb service "svc:/network/smb/server:default".