[OpenIndiana-discuss] [!! SPAM] Re: Problem/Question on mount lofs:

Armin Maier ma2412 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 11:01:27 UTC 2012

I do not understand the phrase :

When you set sharesmb=... on some ZFS data set, none of
the ZFS data sets that might exist below it are visible to SMB.
Bug or feature?  You decide...

I interpret it like if sharesmb= is set to off on every zfs filesystem
the smb server should display filesystems which might exist below, but
that is definiteley not so.
I also was looking for dfs support like Windows has build in, but smb
server seams to not support that. Samba is no alternative for me since i
am using windows conform ACL on the zfs filesystem and openindiana is
joind to domain and uses the windows users and groups, i dont want to
play around with winbind samba and permissions since the smb server of
opensolaris works very simple and much easier than a samba configuration
i think.