[OpenIndiana-discuss] Erlang and Solaris SMF's

Heinz N. Gies heinz at licenser.net
Thu Jun 28 20:24:43 UTC 2012

I am sure someone has asked this before but I googled for the last hour and have found nothing but a discussion that didn't provide a answer.

My problem is that I want to run a erlang otp release as a SMF service, now the monitoring does not work properly, what I discovered from the discussion mentioned is that it seems the problem that solaris things the release is still running since the epmd is still up and good even so the application might not.

What would be the best solution for this? My first guess was to create a empd service but that kind of gets ugly once you've more then one erlang release running.

Regards,
Heinz
--
Heinz N. Gies