[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS in Domain mode (AD 2008) broken after upgrading to 151a2 , Switch lmauth to 3

Jonathan Leafty jleafty+openindianadiscuss at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:12:33 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue so I just wanted to post it.
Basically, everything indicates the domain can't be located (even
rejoining).

smbd[1154]: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] smbd_dc_update: mydomainname.com:
locate failed

I double checked nsswitch.conf resolv.conf krb5.conf set the MTU back down
to 1500, checked the lmauth_level is set to 2.

I always thought it was weird that lmauth_level had to be set to 2 so I
bumped it back to the default of 3 and restarted smb and it worked.

this is probably covered under a bug fix, but I'd thought I'd post in case
someone searches and can't find anything.