[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help buidling H264 Streaming Module for Apache

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Mon Mar 5 07:00:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 05.03.2012 04:19, Scott LeFevre wrote:
> I've trying to build an apache2 module on oi 151a2.  The build
> instructions are for linux and I have successfully built and run it
> under Ubuntu 10.04 so I know it works.  Here's the build instructions
>
> http://h264.code-shop.com/trac/wiki/Mod-H264-Streaming-Apache-Version2
> .
>
> I've tried to run the standard ./configure process but it errors out
> with the following:
> checking for Apache 2.0 version >= 2.0.55... *** Could not run Apache
> test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. Check config.log
> no
> configure: error: *** Apache version 2.0.55 not found!
>
> The config.log show the following errors:
> configure:11999: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -xO3 -m32 -xchip=pentium
> -xspace -Xa -xildoff -xc99=all -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL -DSSL_EN
> GINE -xO4  -DSOLARIS2=11 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -mt
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I/usr/apache2/2.2/inclu
> de  -I/usr/apr-util/1.3/include -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/apr/1.3/include
> conftest.c  >&5
> gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa'
> gcc: language O4 not recognized
> ld: fatal: file conftest.c: unknown file type
> ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> I'm thinking that I don't have everything installed that I need
> and/or I
> don't have the environment setup properly.  I did some searching on
> the
> net but didn't find a good example of how to build modules on
> opensolaris/oi.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction on this one?

The reason is probably that Apache is built with Sun Studio compiler
and as the result configure script of this module is using options for
Sun Studio which are unknown to gcc. I doubt this module is written in
portable C but you can try. Download Oracle Studio 12.3 from Oracle,
export CC variable to path to Oracle Studio cc and try again. The other
option is to hack configure script to not use options from apxs

Best regards,

Milan