[OpenIndiana-discuss] comstar iscsi target writeback cache flushed interval

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Tue Mar 6 22:31:17 UTC 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Geoff Nordli wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Can someone tell me how often data is flushed from a comstar iscsi
> target when the writeback cache is enabled?

Periodic flushing is done by the backing store. For ZFS, that defaults to 5 or
30 seconds for most implementations (txg commit interval).

Flushes are also respected when the initiator issues the SYNCHRONIZE CACHE
command.
 -- richard

--
DTrace Conference, April 3, 2012, http://wiki.smartos.org/display/DOC/dtrace.conf