[OpenIndiana-discuss] Using Openindiana with IBM TS3100 tape library

Lauri-Alo Adamson lauri.adamson at andmevara.ee
Mon Mar 12 12:36:27 UTC 2012

Paolo Marcheschi <paolo.marcheschi <at> ftgm.it> writes:

> Hi
> It seems that you are using a scsi driver but instead you have a SAS Lto.
> I think you have to dig in IBMtape documentation, to find how to configure
correctly the System.

> or :
>
> try to recreate the device links with :
>
> /usr/sbin/devfsadm -i IBMtape
>
> or try to unload the IBMtape and use the generic st driver.
> something like that:
>
> /opt/IBMtape/tmd -s
> rem_drv IBMtape
>
> add_drv -v st
>
> I think you have to recreate the device links with
>
> /usr/sbin/devfsadm -i st
>
> Paolo
>
> On 03/ 6/12 03:54 PM, Lauri-Alo Adamson wrote:
> > Paolo Marcheschi<paolo.marcheschi<at>  ftgm.it>  writes:
> >
> >> But  is the system able to see the device ?
> >>
> >> see that with the following command from root :
> >>
> >> prtconf -v
> >>
> >> Paolo

Hello !

I tried generic st driver , but without success

Then i tried to load st draiver

add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' st
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: st
Warning: Driver (st) successfully added to system but failed to attach

Or

devfsadm -v -i st
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: st
exit status = 1

No files found under  /drv/mnt

And modinfo gives following output

modinfo | grep " st "
262 fffffffff803f000  209d8 270   1  st (SCSI tape Driver)

Comman cfgadm -alv gives floowung output

Ap_Id                          Receptacle   Occupant     Condition  Information
When         Type         Busy     Phys_Id
c3                             connected    unconfigured unknown
unavailable  scsi-sas     n
/devices/pci at 0,0/pci8086,340e at 7/pci1014,3ca at 0/iport at 8:scsi

If i undestand correctly  device must be connected and configured

Lauri-Alo Adamson