[OpenIndiana-discuss] auto-snapshot replicate problems

John McEntee jmcentee at stirling-dynamics.com
Wed Mar 14 10:38:43 UTC 2012

I have a problem trying to keep a second fileserver in sync with the primary
one.

I have a script (auto-replicate) that I have slightly altered that basically
checks the latest snapshot of the both  master server and the dr server. It
then does a send -I if there is a difference. This used to work fine in the
old versions of the time-slider service.

The problem I have is the later version of the time-slider service in
OpenIndiana cleans up old snapshots of zero size, which means the latest
snapshot on the dr server no longer exists on the master server so the send
-I fails.

My fix would be to hack the time-slider service to not clean up the zero
size snapshots. Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I cannot
even find the code at the moment. I would also be interested in any other
solutions

Thanks

John

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this e-mail, and we request that you send an e-mail to admin at stirling-dynamics.com and delete this e-mail.  Stirling Dynamics Ltd. accepts no legal liability for the contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Registered In England No. 2092114 Registered Office: 26 Regent Street, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 4HG
VAT no. GB 464 6551 29