[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openvpn - service discovery

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:13:52 UTC 2012

Dear list,

I've set up OpenVPN on an OpenIndiana machine in our office and can connect to it from clients outside. I've successfully set up the routes so that connections can be made to any machine on the office lan by its IP address. However, I'm having some trouble with service discovery.

I'd like to get multicast dns firstly, since I'm using a mac client, but wins would also be good for windows clients.

All the research I've done points to using the "reflector" option in avahi multicast dns implementation as used in linux. Is there a similar option for OI's multicast dns server?

Or can the desired result be achieved by bridging the "tap" interface to the lan ethernet interface?

Thanks,
Matt