[OpenIndiana-discuss] SPARC resources for OI and illumos

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 14:03:29 UTC 2012

We had a number of responses to a query for SPARC resources in support
of illumos and OI. I've provided a basic wiki page with four buckets,
providing a continuum of access, from shipping kit to a hosting
arrangement to running tests of specific changes and reporting back on
any bugs. If you have SPARC kit and would like to see the project
continue to support it, we need hardware, particularly kit that can
support substantial compile loads but also including a broad range of
hardware for testing drivers and working up a SPARC HCL.

If you haven't already registered for the illumos wiki, you'll need to
do so. Use this wiki page to register what you've got. If you have
something you can ship or have picked up, I'll be back in touch re:
arrangements, although probably not immediately. If you want to
support remote builds, there's some bundled CI cooking that will
provide a foundation for that.

https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/wiki/SPARC_resources

Cheers,
Bayard