[OpenIndiana-discuss] First illumos-userland hackathon

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:58:35 UTC 2012

Thanks to Linda Kateley, Nexenta's community manager, we are holding a
hackathon for illumos-userland in Amsterdam on May 23, alongside the
European Open Storage Summit:

http://www.meetup.com/illumos-User-Group/events/56953802/

Closer to the date we will be putting up an ideas page. If you're
interested in contributing to this porting and packaging project, join
us on the userland list:

https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/?listname=userland@lists.illumos.org

We're currently spinning up our first dev cycle with our revised
development and contribution process:

http://strictlygeeking.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-development-and-contribution-model.html

If you haven't been previous involved in development, please have a
look at our documentation, which will be improving in the next month
as we pick up the pace:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+illumos-userland

If there are things you'd like to see added or updated in userland,
please see if it's already in our tracker and submit a new issue if it
isn't already:

https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumos-userland/issues/

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,