[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need a PCI e-sata card for OI151a

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Mar 27 13:35:39 UTC 2012

Dan,

I can't give you specifics, but I went through a lot of pain early on
until I found cards from LSI that worked really well.  At the time, the
best supported chipset was from Marvell.  The Silicon Image chipsets
worked unreliably and needed firmware reflashing to turn off RAID
support.  I contributed to a few fixes in the Silicon Image drivers, but
the code was not completely finished the last time I looked.  I would
stay away from sata multiplexers.  Since then, I believe that the Intel
chipset has gotten the most attention but I have never tried them.

Gary