[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need a PCI e-sata card for OI151a

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 17:35:11 UTC 2012

Dan,

To make things a bit more complicated (!): We've had very good luck with our BIOS settings* at AHCI and 'Native' IDE mode enabled; these settings are for the P67A Intel controller on-board; these settings get us Command Queuing and HotPlug capabilities. They also allow pass-through of HDD SMART capabilities, for compatibility with smartctl.

FWIW, I am aware of no driver available for the Marvell 88SE9128 controller on this mobo; we don't use it.

Lou Picciano

*this is on a GigaByte GA-P67A-UD7-B3