[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need a PCI e-sata card for OI151a

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Tue Mar 27 18:58:37 UTC 2012

> Jason, I appreciate the input, but as I said, I'm already slot limited.

> My mobo only has one pci-e slot, and that is occupied by the 8-port

> m1015 HBA :(

My apologies. I just skimmed the big block of text.

So, the M1015 is a rebadged LSI 9240-8i, likely with the IR firmware.

You can do what you want to do with a 16 port card. You may have to dump and
restore your zpool however since you have differences in firmware, IR versus
IT. The following card only offers IT firmware.

http://www.provantage.com/lsi-logic-lsi00244~7LSIG0J0.htm

$380

Also, I discourage you from using the crucial drives as log devices. They
lack super-caps to guarantee proper write operation in the event of a power
failure. I use DDRdrive X1s in production environment and Crucial 128M4s for
L2ARC. If the Intel 510s were available at the time of purchase I would have
used those instead.

Life might be easier for you if you got a more reasonable motherboard for a
server.

j.