[OpenIndiana-discuss] spurious degraded multipath messages?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Wed Mar 28 16:52:40 UTC 2012

So I have an M1015 and it works fine.  I noticed the other day I
hotplugged a crucial M4 into the last free port on the HBA, and later
noticed in the dmesg output:

Mar 27 17:55:40 nas genunix: [ID 483743 kern.info]
/scsi_vhci/disk at g500a07510324
d633 (sd9) multipath status: degraded: path 8
mpt_sas9/disk at w500a07510324d633,0
is online

I don't actually have any multipathing.  Is this spurious?  Is there
some something I can tweak to get rid of stuff like this?  I ask because
of the other mpxio thread I've been reading, which reminded me :)