[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dependency problem on pkg:/service/network/dns/bind

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:08:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Chris Ridd <chrisridd at mac.com> wrote:
>>> Am I reading this wrong? Is there a workaround?
>>
>> I'm not sure if the repository got overwritten, or simply newer
>> packages got added without removing the old ones. If the latter, there
>> may be a way to force the installation of the older version of bind,
>> the one corresponding to the rest of the system. (Or if there still
>> exists a mirror of the original repository somewhere...)
>
> Updating to 0.151.1.2 from /dev and rebooting is an option. Or should I be changing my publisher to something more reliable?

There is (currently) no "stable" release of OI. Your choices are to
stay with whatever system you happened to install (it works!), or
update to the most recent "pre-stable" release. I'm unable to find
anything newer/more stable than this:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a_prestable1+Release+Notes

After refreshing the repositories with "pkg refresh --full", you may
or may not need to first update pkg ("pkg install -v
pkg:/package/pkg") before doing the full system upgrade (I did when
going from 151a to 151a-pre0).

Jan