[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dependency problem on pkg:/service/network/dns/bind

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Fri Mar 30 18:36:26 UTC 2012

On 30 Mar 2012, at 19:17, Jon Tibble <meths at btinternet.com> wrote:

> There was no history rewriting (whatever that is supposed to mean),

That is just a guess as to what happened to apparently break these dependencies. Forget this bit - do you think the deps on the pkg I mentioned are right? How can a .151.1 package depend on a .151.1.2 package?

> If you don't want to update then use:
>
> pkg install blah at 0.5.11-0.151.1.1

I tried that before and it doesn't work for the package I mentioned (.151.1) because it seems to depend on things with later build numbers. See the list of deps I posted originally. I'll run a pkg install -nv if you'd like...

Chris