[OpenIndiana-discuss] Compiling Mosh for OI 151

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:27:13 UTC 2012

./src/statesync/completeterminal.cc and ./src/network/transportsender.cc

#ifndef INT_MAX
#define INT_MAX         2147483647      /* max value of an "int" */
#endif

./src/util/fatal_assert.h and ./src/util/dos_assert.h

#ifndef __STRING
#define __STRING(x) #x
#endif

./src/network/network.h and ./src/network/network.cc have a problem
with "s_addr" in the arguments to "try_bind"

    static bool try_bind( int socket, uint32_t my_s_addr, int port );

./src/frontend/stmclient.cc has "cfmakeraw" which has no direct
solaris equivalent ... I commented it out and hoped for the best.

I compiled with: ./configure --prefix=/opt/tools CFLAGS=-m64
CXXFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS="-R/usr/gnu/lib/amd64 -L/usr/gnu/lib/amd64"
LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl"

it's compiled the client, but not the server ... completely untested
... might look later.

Jon

On 1 May 2012 14:26, Bryan N Iotti <ironsides.medvet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also tried to compile it, but couldn't get it to succeed...
>
> I had to compile protobuf and ncurses first, then symlink libncursestw.so to
> libncurses.so otherwise it wouldn't find it, then it appeared to work away
> for a while, only to crash miserably on a missing "," or "." in network.h.
> Undeclared __STRING was the last error.
>
> I'll look into it again in a couple of days, might be an easy fix.
>
> Bryan
>

> On 05/ 1/12 11:24 AM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:
>>
>> You'll also need to get protocol-buffers to work.
>>
>> -- Sriram
>> Belenix: www.belenix.org
>>
>> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Bryan N Iotti
>> <ironsides.medvet at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, you might want to use the version of GCC that you find on SFE.
>>>
>>> The OI one in /usr/bin/gcc is version 3.4.3, while the one in SFE is
>>> 4.6.2.
>>> I have had better luck compiling with the latter as opposed to the
>>> former.
>>>
>>> When you have multiple compilers installed, you can set the one you want
>>> use for the project by providing the CC flag to the configure script or
>>> as
>>> an environment variable:
>>>
>>> ./configure CC="/usr/gcc/4.6/bin/gcc" will set you up to use the SFE
>>> version
>>> of gcc
>>>
>>> Otherwise, go to the Oracle website and download the Solaris Studio
>>> compiler
>>> tarfile. It works well, but some software won't compile cleanly on it