[OpenIndiana-discuss] NEWBIE can't find /usr/sbin/sysconfig

Uwe Reh hofmann at hebis.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu May 3 13:55:38 UTC 2012

while migrating from S10 to oi151a3 on new HW, I try to improve my zone
management.
Doing this, I found a interesting line in
 >http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-118-s11-script-zones-524499.html
>
> We could use the new Oracle Solaris 11 tool for creating system
> configuration files. That tool is easy to invoke using the following
> command:
>
> sysconfig create-profile -o sc_profile.xml
Maybe it's a RTFM, but i can't find any informations on this tool, or an
equivalent at oi.
(/usr/sbin/sys-unconfig seems to be different.)

Btw.
- Beside the name does 'nwamadm' (oi151a3) the same as 'netadm' (S11)?
- I miss man pages for 'sys-unconfig', 'nwamadm' and some others. Is
there a PKG, i forgot to install?

Uwe