[OpenIndiana-discuss] Making OI work on Lenovo thinkpad T520 (few issues)

Sunay Tripathi tripathi.sunay at gmail.com
Fri May 4 02:03:19 UTC 2012

Guys,

I just replaced my old thinkpad with a new one using the
latest OI bits and ran into few issues. The bundled Nvidia
driver wouldn't bring up the display with liveCD. Seems
like Nvidia has just released a driver for Quadro4000
driver (the actual card on laptop is Quadro 4200M Optimus)
so I installed the machine by doing a
% ssh -X laptop
% /usr/bin/gui-install

Once the machine was installed, I did put in the new driver
but X still doesn't come up. I know many people are running
with T520 (is there some BIOS setting that need to be changed).
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

The e1000g0 works fine but my Centrino N-6300 keeps failing
as well related to https://www.illumos.org/issues/2207. Does
anyone has a workaround on that?

Thanks a much appreciated.
Sunay